Chewy Affiliate Program Review - How Does It Work and How Much Can You Make?
There's no denying Americans love their pets. We also love ordering things online and having them delivered directly to our homes. Chewy, Inc. covers these two favorite things by delivering over 2000 pet products to their customers' homes daily. Chewy is owned by another beloved pet franchise, PetSmart, and relies on its brand recognition to promote itself. They also ship quickly, thanks to their many well-located distribution centers. If you're an affiliate marketer in the pet space, you'll be glad to know Chewy has an excellent affiliate program. We have all the details on that program below to give you an idea of how it works, its pros and cons, etc. Read on to discover if Chewy is worth adding to your affiliate marketing portfolio.
How to Get Started with the Chewy Affiliate Program
Like every affiliate program, to become an affiliate for Chewy, you must fill out their application, provide all the required information, and agree to the terms and conditions. The best place to start is the Chewy affiliate page online. However, you can also go to the Partnerize website. Partnerize is the third-party affiliate company that handles the Chewy affiliate program. There, they will ask you for a good bit of information, including your name, address, email address, phone number, etc. They will ask you to create a password, also. After that, things get a little bit interesting. For example, they ask for your "vertical" and "partner type," which is the space or industry you're promoting as an affiliate marketer and how you promote, respectively. Next, they ask for your website URL as you need a website to be a Chewy affiliate and your company's name.
Once you've given Partnerize and Chewy all that information, they will send a verification email to which you need to respond. After that, you will instantly be given access to your new Chewy dashboard and need to fill in a lot more information. Remember, though, that this doesn't mean you are now a Chewy affiliate. The company will still take a very close look at your application to determine whether or not you're a good fit. In other words, it's not a guarantee that you will be accepted into the Chewy affiliate program. The next part of this review tells you how you can increase your odds of being accepted.
How do you Get Approved for the Chewy Affiliate Program?
Chewy demands that you use a website to promote their brand and products, although you can have a business website, blogging website, or any other type of website connected to the pet care industry. If you don't yet have a website bringing in traffic (i.e., visitors, searchers, or consumers), you should hold off on applying to be a Chewy affiliate marketer until you do.
• One of the most important aspects of being accepted into an affiliate marketing program is attracting online traffic to your website with high-quality, engaging, informative, and family-friendly content. Chewy wants to see that you're using quality content, including reviews, comparison studies, articles, etc. They want consumers to be able to trust your website to provide information that is correct, up-to-date, and understandable. It should be enlightening and, whenever possible, entertaining also. Not only is this something Chewy requires, but as an affiliate marketer, using high-quality content is by far the best method of attracting visitors to your website. It goes without saying that the more visitors (traffic) you have, the higher your conversion rate will be and the more commission income you will earn as a Chewy affiliate.
What Products Can you Promote with the Chewy Affiliate Program?
Chewy has a wide range of pet care products that you can promote. Keep in mind, however, that you don't get paid for the actual product but only for referring a new (not existing) customer. The products that you can promote as a Chewy affiliate include:
• Pet food
• Vitamins and supplements
• Grooming products
• Cleaning products
• Pet accessories
• Pet Toys
What is the Chewy Affiliate Program Commission Structure?
The chewy affiliate program commission structure is simple; when a new customer who has never purchased anything with chewy before purchases something on their website via your affiliate link, you were in $15. That's it. While Chewy says it pays 4% commissions on new and existing orders, all the information we found contradicts that. In short, do your due diligence when starting to make sure Chewy is a good fit for your affiliate marketing portfolio.
How to make $1000 per Month with the Chewy Affiliate Program?
Seeing as the only commissions you will earn as a Chewy affiliate is from new customers, and each new customer you refer to Chewy pays $15 in commissions, it's easy to determine how you can make $1000 per Month with the Chewy affiliate program.
• New Chewy Customer Referral = $15.00 profit.
• 67 Referrals x $15.00 per referral = $1005.00
If you want to generate 67 referrals per Month and your website has a 1% conversion rate (the number of visitors who "convert" to buyers), you would need 6,700 visitors every Month.
• 6.700 visitors x 1% conversion rate = 67 referrals x $15.00 commission per sale = $1005.00
If you have a 2% conversion rate, you can make the same $1000 per Month with half the referrals.
• 3,350 visitors x 2% conversion rate = 67 referrals x $15.00 commission per sale = $1005.00
One important fact to note is that the best way to increase the number of visitors or traffic to your website is, as we've mentioned, via excellent, high-quality content. Below are a few methods you can use content to drive traffic to your website and increase your conversion and commission numbers:
• Create engaging and entertaining content. If you don't create it yourself, find a content source and start using that source right away. Not only do you need content, but you need new content constantly. The most successful affiliate marketers post new content to their website 2 or 3 times per week.
• Use social media to your advantage. The top affiliate marketers have Instagram, YouTube, and other social media pages where people can find interesting or useful information and the link to their website.
• Start collecting email addresses and use them to send out marketing, newsletters, and other types of content that your growing list of fans is looking for.
• If you're a blogger in the pet care space, find other relevant sites and ask to be a guest blogger on them.
• Consider using infographics, case studies, and reviews on your website. The more interesting the content, the better your conversion rate.
• Create YouTube video content about Chewy products and show you using those products on your own pet.
What are the Pros and Cons of the Chewy Affiliate Program?
Chewy, like all affiliate programs, has several excellent Pros and a few Cons to go along with them. Below we've got them listed for your convenience.
• A well-known and growing name in the pet care industry.
• A trusted connection to PetSmart that can increase your conversion rates.
• A 15-day cookie, so you get paid for your referral.
• Last click attribution. (If a potential customer clicks your affiliate link multiple times, the 15-day cookie keeps resetting.)
• Excellent, 1-to-1 customer support.
• $15.00 commissions for every new customer that you refer to Chewy.
• The Chewy affiliate Newsletter.
• Joining is easy and free.
• Chewy accepts most affiliate marketing sites, pages, and methods as long as they meet their high standards.
• 15-day cookie
• Commissions are only on new customers, not product purchases.
• There are no commissions for repeat customers.
• Chewy is US-based and doesn't ship outside the country.
• There's no WordPress plugin as of yet.
What is the Best Alternative to the Chewy Affiliate Program?
One of the best reasons to become a Chewy affiliate marketer is that the pet care industry is an evergreen industry with new customers and pets arriving constantly. That being said, if you have no interest in pets, pet care, pet food, etc., or you aren't sure the Chewy affiliate marketing program is for you, there are several alternatives you should look at. They include:
• Pet care Supplies
• Pets Warehouse
• Holista pet
• Nom Nom
• Bulletproof Pet Products
The Chewy affiliate program is one of the better programs in the pet care market. Their brand is growing at a spectacular rate, and they are affiliated with Petsmart, a well-known and respected brand. Chewy has a 15-day cookie which is good, and pay $15 for every new customer you refer through your affiliate link. Chewy has several drawbacks, the biggest being that you only get a flat $15 commission for new customers. Still, depending on your area of expertise and your website, the Chewy affiliate program might be a perfect fit and is well worth a good, long look.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter!
Grow Your Business Online
With our high-quality content writing services!